Cerner Software Intern - Summer 2020
|When hired into the Software Intern Program, you reap big benefits. During your internship, you will gain insights into Cerner’s engineering methodology and will begin real project work immediately. You’ll work alongside the experts to gain knowledge and skills that will prepare you for a long-term, meaningful career.
Cerner Software Engineers create industry-leading technology that impacts patient care and/or Cerner business around the globe. As a Software Intern, you will work with your team as they understand user needs, provide input to design, develop applications, write automated tests, and troubleshoot issues across Cerner's technology solutions.
The work is dynamic. Your team may be developing tools that reduce medical errors, better manage disease, save lives and reduce wasteful spending. Or, they may be working alongside Cerner business teams to develop ways to improve efficiency and productivity. You’ll be a part of the team from day one and may learn or work with a variety of languages and platforms.
- Actively pursuing a Technical Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
- U.S. work authorization required
- Relocation to the Kansas City metropolitan area for the duration of the internship (temporary housing available)
- Ability to work 40 hours per week
- Active participation in Cerner’s Summer Internship Program
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
|Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.