“The best place to give care. The best place to get care.” That is the Saint Luke’s vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice or office, our nearly 11,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke’s employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke’s means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care.
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity where you can improve the lives of children?
Crittenton Children's Center is the Kansas City area's premier provider of psychiatric care for children, adolescents and their families. It is located on a picturesque, 96 acre campus in south Kansas City (near Longview Lake) providing serenity, beauty and privacy to assist with the healing process.
For more than 120 years we've cared for the emotional health of Kansas City's children and families. Today we offer one of the area's most comprehensive behavioral health care programs. And we are backed by the complete resources of Saint Luke's Health System.
- This position is responsible for day to day and overall operations of Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City (SLH) Crittenton’s Children’s Center.
- Responsible for establishing and achieving the short and long-term Crittenton objectives and overall viability.
- The incumbent is accountable and authorized to ensure Crittenton achieves its defined goals consistent with its mission, vision and values.
- Maintain effective operations that are aligned with SLH/SLHS. This position will also have responsibility for coordination of planning, implementation, operational oversight and strategic development of Behavioral Health services for Saint Luke’s Health System (SLHS).
- Scope of business activities include Crittenton Children’s Center, Saint Luke’s North-Smithville Adult Mental Health campuses and the Behavioral Access Center (BAC).
- Assists Saint Luke’s Hospital and Saint Luke’s Physician Group (SLPG) in physician recruitment and physician deployment ensuring appropriate coverage of services across the healthcare system and integrating behavioral health services within SLPG.
- Collaborates with others within SLHS to assure smooth transition of care where applicable. Partners with System Regulatory Readiness, System Risk Management and legal to ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and accrediting bodies and to decrease patient risk events. Evaluates and advises senior leadership on potential collaborative activities.
- Responsible for development and implementation of quality improvement efforts oversight of clinical compliance of all programs.
- Leads coordination of new models in an effective manner to achieve organizational goals.
- Responsible for coordination of budget development and reviews achievements of entities within the scope of responsibilities.
- Take lead role in attracting external funding from federal agencies, corporations, foundations and interested donors to support the missions of Crittenton.
- Minimum of 6 years as Administrator in a behavioral healthcare facility with focus on children and/or adult mental health.
- Solid leadership skills. Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work around children and adults dealing with mental health issues.
- Clinical background preferred.
- Master's in Nursing Administration, Licensed Clinical Social Work or Behavioral Healthcare Administration; PHD in Psychology Preferred. LCSW or current Behavioral Health License or certification is preferred.
EducationMaster's Degree (Required)
Apply online at https://saintlukes.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/saintlukeshealthcareers/job/MOKansas-City10918-Elm-AveCrittenton-Childrens-Center/President--Crittenton-Children-s-Center---VP-Behavioral-Health-Services_JobReq0003821