Hedrick Medical Center and Wright Memorial Hospital are seeking a Registered Nurse for the Regional Float Pool. As a RN on the float pool staff, you will be competent to work in the Emergency Departments at both facilities as needed. This is a multidisciplinary, collaborative and resourceful team that supports each other and work together for the common goal of providing exceptional patient care and improved patient outcomes.
Staffing needs are met on both the day and night shift.
- Utilizing the nursing process.
- Performing patient care delegating patient care tasks and for supervision of other patient care staff.
- Coordinating the plan of care for a group of assigned patients and consulting with other members of the health care team when indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- This clinical nurse demonstrates proficiency and abides by policies rules guidelines and procedures.
This opportunity will allow you to work with a variety of patient care, conditions, and diagnoses; which will allow you to overcome new challenges every day. Saint Luke’s has a strong nurse governance and we encourage all of our nurses to participate and help us make Saint Luke’s The Best Place To Get Care, The Best Place To Give Care.
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Leave of Absence, PTO, Extended Sick Leave, and various Welfare plans
- Flex Savings Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Various other Voluntary Benefits Available
- Retirement Options
- Clinical Advancement Program – Shared Governance, Unit Based Project, Career Advancement
This position will be based at Hedrick Medical Center, but will float to Wright Memorial Hospital as needed. These two locations work collaboratively to improve patient outcomes and satisfaction. These tight knit teams will provide you a positive, friendly, and supportive workplace where you can grow your career and impact people’s lives.
Applicable Experience:1 year
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Pediatric Advanced Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Registered Nurse - Various
Associate Degree (Required)
Job DetailsFull Time
Swing (United States of America)
"The best place to get care. The best place to give care." That is the Saint Luke's vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice, or office, our more than 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke's employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive work space where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke’s Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.