Saint Luke’s North – Smithville is seeking an Inpatient Rehab Nurse. As an RN in this position, you will work with a multidisciplinary team to provide patient care to variety of conditions, treatments, and acuity levels. You will partner with occupational and speech therapists to support positive patient outcomes. You will be a patient advocate and provide patient education and support to patients and their families.
This is a top performing team that provides care for acute care and stroke rehab patients. In this role, you will us your clinical background, critical thinking and assessment skills to provide exceptional patient care autonomously and collaboratively with a diverse team. This is a small diverse group of passionate, prideful, and patient centered nurses that supports and challenges each other. They are resourceful and go above and beyond for their patients and their loved ones. This is an engaged team that is involved in various committees and projects to drive performance.
Shift Details: PRN Night
· Utilizes the nursing process.
· Performs patient care
· Delegates patient care tasks
· Supervises other patient care staff.
· Coordinates the plan of care for a group of assigned patients
· Consults with other members of the health care team when indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
· Demonstrates proficiency and abides by policies rules guidelines and procedures.
Being a relationship builder who is able to provide care proactively is important for a positive patient experience. We are seeking nurses who are lifelong learners and take pride in their work. Nurse who are natural leaders, goal oriented and takes initiative to perform well in this environment. To be successful in this position, you will need to be a positive team player that is always looking for ways they can grow their skills and help their team to continuously improve. This team requires you to be able to handle stressful situations and multi-task while keeping the patient first.
Why Saint Luke’s?
· Our leadership supports nurse engagement and allows their voices to be heard.
· We value our nurses’ knowledge, experience, and expertise to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
· The opportunity to make an impact on their unit, hospital, health system, and the healthcare industry.
· Strong nurse governance and we encourage all of our RNs to participate
· Various CEU, Continuing Education, Leadership and other career training available
· Career Advancement Program dedicated to RNs.
· Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all of their employees, click here to find out more.
Applicable Experience:Less than 1 year
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Registered Nurse - Various
Associate Degree (Required)
Night (United States of America)
"The best place to get care. The best place to give care." That is the Saint Luke's vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice, or office, our more than 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke's employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive work space where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke’s Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.