Saint Luke’s North Hospital – Barry Road is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join their Operating Room team. As an RN on this team, you will have the opportunity to assist with Caesarean Sections, Orthopedics, Urological, Gynecological, ENT, and General Surgery Procedures, with Robotics training to come. This team is supportive, collaborative, and believes in knowledge sharing to help everyone be the best they can be.
Includes call coverage and weekend rotation.
- Accountable for utilizing the nursing process, safety and efficiency
- Care of the patient in the intra-operative phase of care
- Delegates patient care tasks and for supervision of other patient care staff
- Responsible for coordinating the plan of care for a group of assigned patients
- Consults with other members of the health care team when indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes
- Demonstrates proficiency and abides by policies rules guidelines and procedures
To be successful in this role, you will need to be flexible and dependable. We are looking for a nurse who is resilient and can work well under pressure who embraces the unexpected. We are seeking a nursing professional that is passionate about their practice and eager to learn and drive continuous improvement. We are looking for confident nurses who can be the patient’s advocate and speak up when needed. We are for natural assertive leaders.
Why Saint Luke’s?
- Our leadership supports nurse engagement and allows their voices to be heard.
- We value our nurses’ knowledge, experience, and expertise to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
- The opportunity to make an impact on their unit, hospital, health system, and the healthcare industry.
- Strong nurse governance and we encourage all of our RNs to participate
- Various CEU, Continuing Education, Leadership and other career training available
- Career Advancement Program dedicated to RNs.
- Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all of their employees, click here to find out more.
Applicable Experience:Less than 1 year
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Registered Nurse - Various
Associate Degree (Required)
Swing (United States of America)
"The best place to get care. The best place to give care." That is the Saint Luke's vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice, or office, our more than 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke's employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive work space where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.