Saint Luke’s Hospital in Kansas City, MO is seeking a Respiratory Care Practitioner I to join our Respiratory Therapy team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support adult ICU, Medical Surgical, ED, Surgery, OB, and the Code Blue Team. You will perform all aspects of the scope of practice of a respiratory therapist and cardiopulmonary practice, where applicable. Our Respiratory Therapy team is known for taking pride in their work and for having a culture of kindness. This position supports system, facility, and department growth and quality through participation in performance improvement activities, continuing education, and professional growth and development activities along with other duties as assigned.
The Work :
- Performs diagnostic and metabolic testing
- Patient assessment treatment planning
- Performs therapeutic interventions analysis and reports on clinical response
- Works in collaboration with medical staff and other members od the health care team to support efficient cost effective and quality patient and family care
- Provides patient and family education, along with discharge planning
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to work effectively and collaboratively with nursing, physicians and other team members. This position requires strong communication and organizational skills so you can build patient rapport easily. We are looking for someone that is passionate about patient care, teamwork, continuous learning and growing within your field.
Why Saint Luke’s?
- We are dedicated to innovation and always looking for ways to improve.
- We offer a Career Advancement Program to expand your skills and grow your career.
- We believe in creating a collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
- We are here for you and will support you in achieving your goals.
- Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all of their employees, click here to find out more.
Applicable Experience:Less than 1 year
License-Respiratory Therapy - Various, Registered Respiratory Therapist - Various
Associate Degree (Required)
Job DetailsFull Time
Night (United States of America)
"The best place to get care. The best place to give care." That is the Saint Luke's vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice, or office, our more than 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke's employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive work space where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.