Saint Luke’s East Hospital in Lee’s Summit, MO is seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist to join our Respiratory Therapy team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the adult ICU, Medical Surgical, Telemetry, NICU, and the Code Blue Team. You will perform all aspects of the scope of practice of a respiratory therapist and cardiopulmonary practice, where applicable. Our Respiratory Therapy team is known for taking pride in their work and for having a culture of kindness.
This position is Full Time Nights (3 12hr shifts per week)
The Work :
- Evaluates and performs diagnostic, therapeutic and metabolic testing in accordance with physician orders and respiratory medical protocols
- Performs or assists in procedures including but not limited to endotracheal intubation, extubations, tracheostomy tube changes, bronchoscopy and capnography monitoring
- Conducts patient assessment, treatment planning, therapeutic interventions analysis and reporting of clinical response
- Evaluates appropriateness of medical orders, transporting patients requiring mechanical ventilation or airway protection and assuring safe operations of devices in X-Ray, CT and MRI
- Maintains proficiency in the application of mechanical ventilation modalities, Non-Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation, Continuous Positive Airway Pressure and Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to work effectively and collaboratively with nursing, physicians and other team members. This position requires strong communication and organizational skills so you can build patient rapport easily.
Because of the multiple specialty areas you would support and the ICU patients you would care for, we are looking for someone with their RRT that is passionate about patient care, teamwork, continuous learning and growing within your field. For those that may have a passion for working with babies, you may have the opportunity to work in the NICU.
Why Saint Luke’s?
- We are dedicated to innovation and always looking for ways to improve.
- We offer a Career Advancement Program to expand your skills and grow your career.
- We believe in creating a collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
- We are here for you and will support you in achieving your goals.
- Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all of their employees, click here to find out more.
Job RequirementsApplicable Experience:
Less than 1 year
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Licensed Respiratory Therapist (MO) - Missouri Division of Professional Registration, Neonatal Resuscitation Program - American Academy of Pediatrics, Reg Respiratory Therapist (NBRC) - The National Board for Respiratory Care
Associate Degree (Required)
Job DetailsFull Time
Night (United States of America)
"The best place to get care. The best place to give care." That is the Saint Luke's vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice, or office, our more than 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke's employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive work space where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.