Saint Luke’s Home Care is seeking a Social Worker to join our team. For more than 30 years, Saint Luke's has set the standard for home care and hospice services throughout the Kansas City and surrounding areas. Saint Luke’s Home Care and Hospice is one of the regions premier providers of a continuum of health care in the home, and is led by clinicians with decades of experience in the Home Health and Hospice industry.
As a home health and hospice Social Worker, you will play an important role in the care and psychological wellbeing of our patients, in the North Kansas City, Independence, Liberty, Gladstone, KCMO, Parkville, Platte City, Kearney, Excelsior Springs, and Weston areas. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing continuum of social work services to Home Health patients.
- Assessing the psychological social emotional cultural or financial needs that impact patient s health and recovery.
- Providing professional social work services that utilize supportive counseling and clinical knowledge in assessing the needs of patients and families during illness crisis intervention and post discharge planning.
- Collaborating with members of health care team in the development of a transition plan and addresses needs in a timely manner.
- Participating in program planning and development to meet the needs of customers within the health care system and community.
A successful candidate for this position will possess a master’s degree in Social Work and be a Licensed MSW in both Missouri and Kansas. Since you will be serving patients in their home, a valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.
Why Saint Luke’s?
- We believe in creating a collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
- We are here for you and will support you in achieving your goals.
- We are dedicated to innovation and always looking for ways to improve.
- Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all of their employees, click here to find out more.
Applicable Experience:Less than 1 year
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Driver's License - Various, Licensed Masters Social Worker (KS) - Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board, Licensed Masters Social Worker (MO) - Missouri Division of Professional Registration
Master's Degree (Required)
Job DetailsPart Time
Day (United States of America)
"The best place to get care. The best place to give care." That is the Saint Luke's vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice, or office, our more than 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke's employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive work space where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.